Lazaris Distillery & Artisan Sweets
The history of Lazaris Distillery & Artisan Sweets goes back in 1924. It was back then that the famous kumquat, the tiny citrus with the wonderful scent, began to grow on the island of Corfu.
For 11 years, Constantine Lazaris and his team is carrying on the gastronomic tradition of the island with passion, aiming to introduce to the modern, global consumer the authentic flavors of another era.
Following the local recipe, they produce the traditional drink of Corfu, the kumquat liqueur. At the same time, they get inspired by the rest of the island's agricultural products and they make handmade sweets, reviving flavors and scents of the past.
In a state-of-the-art, privately-owned building of 4.500 m2 the past meets the future. The agricultural production, the traditional recipes and the historical and cultural heritage of Corfu are combined with the international standards of safety and hygiene, modern aesthetic and modern gastronomy.
Lazaris products are unique because:
• They are handmade and produced in small quantities
• They are based on traditional Eptanesian recipes
• They are healthy as they do not contain chemical preservatives
• They contain no fat; fruits, alcohol & sugar are only used for their production
• They are modern and innovative, with a contemporary design
• They are characterised by Corfiot tradition & finesse